15 Powerful Chrome Extensions That Help Your SEO Efforts
On-page SEO and Usability analysis
1 . Pagespeed Insights
Google’s official pagespeed insights is a great tool to explore your website’s usability. It identifies
Elements that are leading to slow loading time and a poor mobile user experience.
- To get started, you just need to plug your website URL in the tool and press the “Analyze” Button.
Note: Google has deprecated Pagespeed Insights Chrome extension. But you can access the Tool directly.
- If you don’t want to go on a manual plugin installation and fixing issues spree, then you can Directly use pagespeed modules that optimize your website automatically.
2 . Redirect Path
Web pages keep getting moved to new locations and deleted during website migrations, Redesigning, etc. And a simple redirect determines if link juice is passed from a removed URL to a New page.
- Redirect Path is a redirect checker that flags urls with their http status codes – 301, 302, 304, 404 and 500. You don’t need to manually check them.
- The tool shows you all the redirects from the URL you entered to the final URL.
- Once you install the extension from the Chrome store, it’ll start appearing next to the Address bar at the top.
- And if the extension finds any redirect errors, the icon will change (as visible below).
- On clicking the icon, you can get full details about the redirect chain.
- Want more details about a particular item in the path?
- Then click on it to see additional HTTP headers sent (like server types, cookies, caching, Etc.) And the server’s IP address.
- A great way to discover backlink opportunities using the tool is to follow the redirect chain And find the backlinks to individual pages.
- You can also use the tool to audit your redirects after a site migration.
3 . Mozbar
It is one of the oldest and most popular marketing software on the internet.
- It instantly hit chords with marketers because it streamlines your SEO efforts while surfing The web.
- At the click of a button, you can access important metrics about a webpage like its Page Authority, Domain Authority, Link Profile, Keyword Highlights, etc.
4 . Page Analytics by Google
Page analytics is a great tool to delve into how your customers are interacting with your website.
- The tool gives you useful data like where your users click and the number of active visitors, Real time.
- The tool shows your usual Google Analytics metrics like Pageviews, Unique Pageviews, Average time on page and Bounce Rate (you need to login to your analytics account before Accessing information).
- You can also analyze up to 4 segments with different scorecards for each and compare time Ranges.
- By analyzing the places where your users are clicking and engaging the most, you can Optimize your design accordingly.
5 . SEO Quake
Touted as a Mozbar competitor, this is another popular SEO tool that shows important metrics in Serps.
- You can export the SERP data from SEO Quake in a CSV file too.
- You can also use the extension to perform a deeper analysis of the webpage you visit. You’llGet information on the keyword density, links, social shares and meta info.
6 . SEO Site Tools
This is an-all inclusive SEO powerhouse with a wealth of data.
- After installing the extension, you’ll start seeing a magnifying glass icon. Whenever you visit A website, the Page Rank (ranges from 1 to 10) of the website will pop up next to this icon. If you want to perform a deeper analysis of a website, you need to click on this icon. It has 6 Sections. Here is a quick glance at all of them.
- The first section is the external page data. It shows details about traffic, backlinks, Alexa Rank, Google index date, dmoz listing and your page/domain authority.
- The next section is page elements. It shows your on-page SEO metrics like page title, metaDescription, anchor tags, alternative image tags, etc.
- The third section is social media. It pulls the social activity on the page like number of Facebook shares, delicious bookmarks, recent tweets, reddit up votes and more.
- The fourth tab is page terms/tools. It shows info on your site speed (analysis done Pingdom Speed test), top keywords used on the page, etc.
- The next is server/domain info tab that shows the location of domain’s IP on a map. It also Displays the domain owner’s contact and email address (if available at who.is).
- The last is the suggestions section. It gives on-page SEO recommendations to optimize your Webpage.
Caveat: The extension was last updated in November, 2011. While it’s a convenient tool to dig upA plethora of information about a website, don’t rely on it entirely.
7 . Majestic Backlink Analyzer
This is another popular and powerful link intelligence tool.
- The tool makes for a quick way to see important backlinks info about your web page (or a Competitor’s webpage).
- The tool has 3 important metrics tabs – Summary, Backlinks and Anchor text. But a free Account will only allow you to use the summary tab.
8 . User-Agent Switcher
User-Agent switcher makes your life easier in investigating usability on different environments.
- You can mimic any device, operating system (OS) and web browser at the click of your right Mouse button.
- The environments include Android, ios and Windows Phone (both tablet and mobile Phones). And the browsers include Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, Safari and others.
- You can switch to any user agent from its long list of options.
- You can also scan a page as a search engine spider. And set up “permanent” switches for Specific domains (that allow browsing only through specific browsers).
- The extension allows you to even group user agents for a particular device. Link Building and Outreach Management.
9 . Ninja Outreach Lite
Ninja Outreach is in itself a powerful prospecting and outreach CRM with a database of over 4 Million influencers.
- The extension is like a freemium version of the tool to mine tremendous data. Once you Install the extension, you can use the ninja icon in Chrome toolbar to start finding Influencers.
- The information available through the tool includes full name, location, social media Follower counts, email address, Alexa rank, backlinks, page authority, domain authority and More.
- It even includes link to the key pages – contact, about, resources, guest post pages. As well As the monetization method of websites.
- The RSS Feed tab shows latest posts from the feed of the blog with the author’s name, date Of publishing and number of comments on the post.
- The demographic tab will show you key information on website visitors. Like their locations, Daily pageviews per visitor, bounce rate and much more.
- The pro version of the tool also allows you to autofill contact forms and leave notes for each Website (that will be cached later).
10 . Scraper
This is an effective data mining tool that can streamline your online research efforts. It copies links Or similarly structured content from a webpage that you can later export to a Google document. Here are the 3 steps to scrape data using the tool.
- Step 1. Select some content from the table/chart you want to scrape.
- Step 2. Right-click your selection and choose “scrape similar” from the drop down menu.
- Step 3. You’ll get a list of similarly structured data in a new window (the scraper console).
From the window, you can either copy the content to clipboard. Or you can export the data To a Google document.
11 . Link Miner
Link miner is a simple yet extremely useful tool to conduct page analysis while executing BLB.
- At the click of a button, it’ll crawl a webpage and find (mark) broken links on it.
- It also pulls additional statistics about the broken link.
- You can also get the link data right next to the status code of the link.
- You can also use the tool to export information about the links in a CSV.
- While doing a Google search, the tool can also find out the number of inbound and Outbound links for each result.
- You can customize the way you want it to work under settings by clicking on the gear icon.
- You can choose the metrics you want the tool to show: status code of working links, Ahrefs Metrics like backlinks and referring domains, and more.
- The link data in the tool is pulled from Ahrefs. So you’ll need to authenticate the extension To access Ahrefs API data.
12 . Linkclump
This is another useful tool to play with links. You can use it to open multiple links in new tabs (or a New window) or copy them to clipboard or bookmark them.
- Just get start by choosing a particular portion of the screen.
- You can even customize how you want to activate the tool.
- There are various possible mouse (right-click and left-click) and key combinations (alt/ctrl/shift). If you like, you can even change the selection box color.
- You’ll need to head over to Chrome’s extension page at chrome://extensions. And choose “options” below linkclump to find these customization options.
- You can also filter the links that contain certain keywords, block repeated links in your Selection and open links in reverse order.
- There is also a smart select option to open only those links from a page that the tool deems As important.
13 . Google Analytics URL Builder
Google Analytics (GA) is an extremely powerful tool to track your website traffic. Here is how you Can use this tool:
- Once you’re on a page, click on the shopping cart icon.
- The tool will automatically capture the current URL of the page. You will then need to fill a Form including fields like the source, medium, campaign, etc.
- Once you’ve filled the form, it’ll auto-generate the final URL. And offer an option to generate The shortened bit.ly link.
- You can then share this new tagged link through your social media accounts and track them Independently using GA.
- The extension also allows you to add custom form fields (quick sets) by clicking on the “edit List” link.
14 . Evernote Web Clipper
- Evernote in itself has powerful note-taking functionalities.
- But if you are particularly interested in saving articles for reading later, the web clipper is a handy tool (located in the upper right side of Chrome ).
15 . Pocket
- Once installed, you’ll see the pocket icon in the Chrome toolbar located at top-right.
- Like web clipper, pocket also has the functionality to add tags to help in easy exploring and retrieval of stories.